Morro Bay Muck Diving, Day One

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Visibility under the T-Pier in Morro Bay had tripled since my last dive here in July. We had at least six feet today,
which is more than enough for muck diving. Even in great vis, you can't see the bottom because it is covered with shells,
bryozoan, anemones and of course, nudibranchs.
Kevin Lee, who has dived all over the World and has photographed around five hundred nudibranchs found four new species
for his collection today. That is amazing for a single dive anywhere. I didn't find anything new, but we still have another dive in the morning.
Photo intensive report at Morro Bay Muck Diving, Day One

Oh, those black and yellow ones are stunning! Looks like a wonderfully slug-intensive day.

Polycera hedgpethi. Kevin told me before the dive that he was hoping to find his first one. I felt bad when I found one within the first few minutes. He ended up finging four.

WOW. Just wow. I must get up there. Thanks for the pics!

The 3rd and 6th Janolus shots are stunning. The white anemone and bryozoan growing on the bottle stands out as well. Excellent series! How did Merry's pics come out?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom