VT4 -- Multiple Transmitters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FlyinV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Would it be possible in a future firmware revision to allow transmitter changes on the surface?

Or maybe I don't understand how it works.

I have 2 regulator sets -- each with its own transmitter

I have put both the transmitter number into my VT4
I would like to be able to select which transmitter I am going to use for the dive on the surface.

Maybe something as simple as a way to tell the VT4 what the default transmitter is and not have it always be forced to be TMT 1

I don't actually go dive and switch transmitters while I dive, but I can understand why people would.

There's a post and responses, on SB now "buddy check feature removed"...That should answer your question.....

I am just looking for an easy way to switch on surface which transmitter I want to use for the next dive.
OceanLog still allows you to program in the 4 transmitter serial numbers you want it to track.

I am also assuming when you switch to transmitter 2 its still going to calculate your nitrogen loading and such and not just Gauge mode?
Its hard to tell from reading the manual.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom