Oceanic VT 4 No More Buddy Check?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

talonraid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I just saw the following message on the Oceanic website:
"Please Note: VT 4.0 units shipped after November 1, 2011 no longer feature Buddy Pressure Check."

If I understand this correctly, then then new models will not allow you to view your "buddy's" air. Is that correct? If so, that's disappointing since I was on the verge of ordering two of these for me and my wife.

Was there a problem with the buddy check function? Or what was the reason for getting rid of it?

Thanks.

I had the same question! FWIW, the Aeris Elite T3 has buddy check, and new ones just dropped dramatically in price on the company website...down in the $600s now...Aeris seems to be getting positioned as their "second tier" with Oceanic taking the premium slot...but with no buddy check, all I see diff on the VT4 or 4.1 is the integrated compass.

my understanding is there are legal issues pending over the terminology used for that feature or in the way that feature was used in the computer, similar to the situation they had a bit back over their second stage swivels. That is what I heard anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom