DUI FLX Extreme vs Waterproof D7 Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

randytay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Is anyone familiar BOTH product and can offer a pros and cons of one against the other? Thanks!

Is anyone familiar BOTH product and can offer a pros and cons of one against the other? Thanks!

I own a FLX and could answer any questions you have about that suit. I've owned a DUI TLS and Dive Rite 905 and can easily say it's the best suit I've ever owned. Nearly as flexible as a TLS and tons more durable.

No experience with the Waterproof, but to (sorta) echo the poster above, I'm currently in a TLS, (love it and no leaks), but I cannot wait to get into an FLX. Planning on getting one in 2012.

I own a FLX and could answer any questions you have about that suit. I've owned a DUI TLS and Dive Rite 905 and can easily say it's the best suit I've ever owned. Nearly as flexible as a TLS and tons more durable.

James,

What options/add-ons did you get with your FLX?
Thanks
Phil

James,

What options/add-ons did you get with your FLX?
Thanks
Phil
I fit into a stock ML, so I went with that, tough duck overlay (navy blue).

2 Halcyon Explorer Pockets and a Halcyon Pee Valve.

Standard latex seals.

Bone dry, swims well. A buddy of mine has one with around 200 dives on it and it's only had one leak, which came from a low viz exit in a tight side mount cave we were relining.

My previous suit was a TLS350, I don't really notice a difference in flexibility between the two, and the TLS leaked non stop. Another advantage to the FLX is that it takes really well to aquaseal from what I've been told.

I don't have any complaints about the suit, nor does anyone I've talked to.

308266_756087529385_201400707_36868426_871502675_n.jpg

Looks like the FLX extreme is the way to go. I really liked how the WPD7 looked but I just do not know enough of it -_-

Try the "Origin" from Northern Diver. It is very durable. I have had one for years, and apart from some patchwork, has stood up to great hardship.
I have used it very infrequently in the last 5 years, but it still functions great.

I have never used another drysuit, so I cant comment on the ones you recommend, but if you can, this one maybe worth a test drive :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom