buddy separation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scary. Might have made a stronger point if he found her dead body instead of the save.

One must ask ...what and the hell was she thinking? And you have got to love the 1980's scare video.

Just focusing on the tangle problem, thrashing around is never a good idea. You could get more tangled like she did and/or damage your own equipment. Reminds me that I haven't practiced removing my BC underwater in a year. I am feeling a refresher coming on this month.

Diving solo? I guess the camera was operating itself. It's like the fake 'reality' BS on tv.

The first video was actually much more realistic looking. The ability to easily remove the scuba unit to handle entanglements is a vital skill in my opinion.

As for the net entanglement scenario, I would almost certainly have removed her scuba unit rather than tried cutting her out. Staying in front of the diver and away from the net would probably be safer than going after the net with a knife, because the rescuer could be tangled up easily too.

Just as an aside, I take a lot of video diving with my wife Debbie. Sometimes neither of us are in the shot, and sometimes Debbie is in the frame and I am shooting the video. I was showing some video at a recent Scuba Snobs' appearance at a dive club, and an audience member started to comment on how Debbie was violating our own rules by solo diving. I pointed out I was shooting video from less than 10 feet away, but that seemed to matter not at all to the critic, who never could get past the idea that there was only one diver in the video. As a matter of fact, the videographer never seems to get much credit, not even for being present, let alone creating the training video, or entertaining video, or shocking video. Oh well.
DivemasterDennis

swanstien from vancouver island does video of himself, so you really do not know if another diver is shooting the vid of you. You can only assume, which we already know it makes an ass u me.

Good underwater video artist can set up like for great cave shots, putting slaves around then shoot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom