Dive Computers, Looking to get one..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiamMich

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was wondering what the differance was between the oceanic and the aeris dive computers if they are made by same company(someone told me they were). Was looking at getting the OC VT4... any ideas??:confused:

Liam,

I've got the VT4 and it is a good dive computer, I actually like it alot. The problem now is that if I had it to do over, I would buy something else as Oceanic "Worldwide" seems to have excluded Canada from their 40th anniversary contest (no, I'm not looking for free stuff, just think it shows how much they respect their Canadian customers). If we are not good enough customers in Canada to include, maybe we should be buying our goods elsewhere. Its sad because I think Oceanic actually makes really good products.

Mark

Oceanic and Aeris are both made by the same company (Pelagic) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

While it is true that both Aeris and Oceanic dive computers have lots of things in common (design, manufacturing, testing ....), as of today there is no Aeris dive computer equivalent to the VT 4.0. There might be one soon .... but this is something I am not allowed to discuss yet

Alberto (aka eDiver)

while it is true that both aeris and oceanic dive computers have lots of things in common (design, manufacturing, testing ....), as of today there is no aeris dive computer equivalent to the vt 4.0. There might be one soon .... But this is something i am not allowed to discuss yet

alberto (aka ediver)
i am also looking where can i go to compare all computers,

i am also looking where can i go to compare all computers,
compare them physically (where you can touch them) ? Or virtually?
For the former, go visit one - or more - local dive shops.
If the latter, you can use our Dive Computers Research Tool

Back
Top Bottom