Questions about Diving WEST PALM BEACH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medc26

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for insight on diving in west palm beach. My husband, myself, and my mother are all new divers. Looking for any insight at all. Information on dive shops, places to stay. We will have a 3 year old with to also entertain while we are there so we will go in groups, my step dad will hopefully be certified by time of our trip. We are looking at the week of May 19-26
Thanks
Teresa

Hi Teresa,
I am a fan of the Singer Island area for a place to stay. There are no less that 10 boats within 5 minutes of Singer Island. There is also the Blue Heron Bridge just off island.

What type of hotel or resort are you looking for ?

Most dives in the area of West Palm are drift dives, and a few wrecks.

Will be down there in 73 days and 20 hours, but who's counting.

I plan on a day up in Jupiter with Jupiter Dive center, 1 day with Underwater Explorers in Boynton Beach, and 2 days in the Singer island area with Jim Abernathy.

Hope this helps,
Jim breslin

How new? Some ops are geared to different levels. Consider Boynton as well. I'm in Jupiter and love the diving, but kind of advanced.

Check out this site.

South Florida Dive Journal > Home

Everyone down here has their favorite dive operators in West Palm, but I would HIGHLY recommend Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures (www.scuba-adventures.com). Also, you should definitely make time to dive the Blue Heron Blvd Bridge while you are in West Palm Beach. You need to dive it from about 30-45 min before high tide to about 30-45 min past high tide. You can go to www.saltwatertides.com and look under Florida's Atlantic Coast and find Port of Palm Beach. Just my 2 cents.

Doug

We are very new have gotten in about 10 dives total from our discover scuba dive 2 full dives in Cozumel Mexico last May to our open water certification and dives in Mexico Beach FL last Aug, then in October got in 2 more dives in the same location
Teresa

Lol. I didn't see it either until you said it. Should be taken out of Tampa Bay. That is a world away.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to Florida Conch..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom