Use for SCUBA equipment - other than diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FuzzyNutz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, my power went out the other morning right before I was about to get a shower. I was kind of thinking that taking it in the dark might be fun, but I was still pretty ticked off. When I started to step in, I remembered having a few waterproof flashlights lying around. It was definitely the brightest shower I ever took, and as far solo showers go, one of the funnest, too! haha! I've also used the lights quite a few times while riding my bike in the rain/snow at night.

Have you ever used SCUBA gear for something other than diving? Maybe clean your keyboard or dust the windowsill with a blast from your reg? Use a reel as a line marker to chalk lines on a baseball field? Kill a bug with a dive table? Fan yourself cool with a fin? Make a chain mail suit out of bolt snaps and double enders???

Reef_Haven: Wow, that's awesome!! Very creative!! That's also quite the frog collection, are you a breeder or something of that nature? Anyway, that sure beats my light in the shower trick, lol!

I have an old scubaflash light well not sure how old but I got it when I bought a lot of gear and had no use for it so it sat there for a while. One night my daughter saw it and asked if she could use it. So now during her bath she will play with the under water light with her dolls and curtain shut sometimes even use her snorkel/mask with her dolphins and mermaids

I used my old scuba lights (the halogen ones) as car key holders while diving.

Anyway, someday I want to build the mother of all potato guns powered by a scuba tank. Problem is I am not a great mechanical engineer and I can see blowing myself up way too easy :-(

My Dad used to use an LP 72 (old style) to "decorate" the Christmas tree with tinsel. He'd throw the tinsel up and then blast it from the tank!

I've used can lights in the shower when the power was out.

Of course I use an old Argon bottle as an emergency tire inflator bottle (and used full "real" tanks to inflate tractor and trailer tires).

The car lights failed, so my passenger used a torch as I drove back (empty country road). We frightened some walkers!

I can never find a flashlight in our house, but I know where all the backup lights are, and as Peter mentioned, during one long power outage, we hung an HID light in the shower.

We've used reels and spools as clothesline in more than one place where we have traveled.

I've used scuba weights for all kind of glue jobs -- they're much better than books.

And you wouldn't believe the number of applications there are for double-enders, cave line, and zip ties!

Last year coming out of Nootka Sound I got a rock cut in one of my tires. The access road is unpaved, it was snow covered, and I had about 20 miles to go to get into town, where I could get the tire fixed. I figured if I could manage to keep it on the car I'd be better off than putting that silly donut on in its place. It wasn't much of a cut, but it did require me to pull over every few minutes and put more air in the tire. Fortunately I had six partly used tanks in the back, as well as a tire inflator attachment for the low-pressure hose ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom