Sony Camera Housing Questions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TracysaCADiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello...

I am the proud owner of a Sony DSC-W560 Camera, that I purchased last summer. I've recently found out that you weren't going to make a housing for this model, or the 570 model.

Will the housing for the 530 support this model as well since they are the same dimensions? The only difference between the 530 and the 560 is that the 560 does HD video.

Thank you!

Hello...

I am the proud owner of a Sony DSC-W560 Camera, that I purchased last summer. I've recently found out that you weren't going to make a housing for this model, or the 570 model.

Will the housing for the 530 support this model as well since they are the same dimensions? The only difference between the 530 and the 560 is that the 560 does HD video.

Thank you!

Tracy,

Based on a direct comparison of the W530 and W560 cameras, the body dimensions are different. They must be "identical" to fit in the same housing. Therefore, the W560 will not fit correctly in the W530 housing.

See the comparison here: Side by Side Comparison: Digital Photography Review

Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Thanks Brett... much appreciated. Is there a model that will fit with the 560? Or am I out of luck?

Back
Top Bottom