Help with my bp/w

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snippys

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got my 1st hog set up. Dive rite back plate and harness and wing and sta. I put it together and everything works great except with the sta the bolt seems to be a bit to short. i cant get the lock washer and wing nut on together. anyone else have this problem?

I don't have that particular BP/W, but when I need a longer bolt I go get one. Just get a stainless bolt or you will be replacing it sooner, keep the old one 'cause you might need it later with a different configuration.

Bob
--------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

alright thank for your help

I have never used lock washers on bolts, never had a problem, but do check tightness once in a while. Or as Bob says, just buy a couple more ss bolts.

I use lock washers. The bolt going through the grommeted hole in the harness always seems to be short. Just get a longer one but make sure it is stainless.

thank you everyone just wanted to make sure i didnt somehow set it up wrong.

It's likely the grommet thickness. Once you get a longer bolt and assemble everything together, it may compress the grommet a little. The the original bolt will probably work.

Or you can compress the grommet yourself using other means.

I used to have a Dive Rite Venture wing, I remember this being the case with that wing.

-Mitch

Common problem I have the
Dive rite setup too. You gotta man up on it!! I replaced mine with locknuts and did away with the wingnuts -

Sometimes longer bolts must be used.

Back
Top Bottom