PC Software for you dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish in a Barrel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm curious to know what you guys think of the PC software (if any) that is available for your dive computer.

I have a Mares dive computer, and I paid for the PC link and Drak software. As a PC logbook, I think it does a very good job of letting me download, annotate, and view my dives. Unfortunately, it is riddled with minor and not-so minor bugs that often make it frustrating to use. For instance, it calculates my SACR for me, but fails to convert it to Imperial units before displaying the result. This leads to logging impossibilities such as hour-long dives on a single AL80 tank where I was sucking down air at "14 cu.ft/min". It also sometimes loses information I enter manually, and likes to record my ending air pressure as zero.

I created support tickets for some of the more egregious bugs, but it's been over a year now with no updates to the software.

I use Suunto Dive Manager/Dive planner for my Vyper (rec dives as well as capturing gauge data on tech dives) and the Sherwater Dive Manager to capture the dive profile from my Predator. I am pretty happy with the features provided by both

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom