Canadian Consulate Website Incorrect Passport Info for Travel to Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

photog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
One of the divers, Doug, going out to a Raja Ampat - Lembeh trip in March discovered an error yesterday on the Canadian Consulate's website concerning validity of a passport for travel to Indonesia.

The Consulate's website states "A valid Canadian passport is required for Canadians intending to visit Indonesia. The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of entry into Indonesia, and must contain at least one blank page for the placement of the Indonesian visa."

The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of departure from Indonesia.

Fortunately I'd sent my usual 18-20 page detailed document of travel and dive tips to Doug and he noticed the difference. He has time to renew his passport. Otherwise he could have been turned away instead of being allowed to board his flight to Indonesia.

I am the Doug referred to here and am so glad that Deb sends this document - and that I read it.

My passport just happens to fall in the middle here. It is valid for six months from date of entry and not valid 6 months from date of exit. I had checked the Canadian Government website and thought I was OK.

Off to the Passport office this AM. :wink:

I would make sure that you have at least 6 months from the date of departure and at least TWO pages - one of the visa sticker and one for the stamps. Indonesian Immigration are quite tough on this and will only let you though if you pay a hefty (USD300+) fine

Back
Top Bottom