Raja Ampat in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrrworld

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any weather concerns with diving in raja ampat in mid to late August or is it good all year round? I live in Jakarta so can wait for the best time but i have a few weeks off in August which I would like to use to dive as much as possible.

Thanks

Michael

July/August is not the best time for R4. Northern R4 should be ok. Also Cenderawasih Bay is good in August. Viz can be quite poor during this time in the south. If you live in Jakarta try to go to R4 between November and March.

Michael

I agree with this timing! Try Komodo or Alor at this time!
July/August is not the best time for R4. Northern R4 should be ok. Also Cenderawasih Bay is good in August. Viz can be quite poor during this time in the south. If you live in Jakarta try to go to R4 between November and March.

Michael

hello

the visibility is something one can never predict. i have been diving in raja ampat in different times of the year and have experienced that you can never be certain about it. the waters are rich in nutrients, currents are always present, and tidal movements are considerable. so, these factor make visitiblity something of a hit/miss. i would recommend the area around waigeo/gam. there are great diving sites there and few accommodations with great prices run by locals, you get true papua feeling, like yenkoranu homestay.

enjoy your diving!

Back
Top Bottom