Waterproof Demo Days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael Gerhartz

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Folks,
Waterproof will host their first Canadian Demo Days for their D1 Hybrid and D7Pro Drysuit this spring.
Locations will be
Saturday, May12th at Flintkote Quarry
Sunday, May13th at Morrison Quarry
and
Friday, May 18th - Monday, May 21st at St Lawrence Park.
Please PM me if you want more information.

Michael

Do you know a lot about these Hybrid D1 suits? Is neutral buoyancy automatic as long as you are weighted correctly?

There is a lady friend of mine who is also shopping for a replacement wetsuit. She is not a member of SB but I did forward her your post...she is well versed with Morrison quarry having taught there numerous times.

I sent you a private message. We will have both the W1 as well as the W2 wetsuit with us, but we will only have one size for each, otherwise the logistics are getting a nightmare. If your friend can let me know the size she is looking at, we can maybe arrange to bring that certain size, if she wants to try it on...

dv:
Do you know a lot about these Hybrid D1 suits? Is neutral buoyancy automatic as long as you are weighted correctly?

Well, the suit is sold now since over a year and so far we have only heard good comments. If you are on Facebook, you can check out Jill Heinerth, who is testing the suit for a while now. You can also find her on You Tube ( just search her name ) and she uploaded some Videos with her experience. If you search for the D1 on you Tube, you will find several testimonial clips. The main purpose of the suit is to provide maximum comfort and insulation during extreme cold water temperatures. Neutral Buoyancy depends on many factors. Once you are weighted correctly, it is as easy to achieve perfect trim in this suit as with any other suit, providing that they fit their user...Hope this answers your question :blinking:

Hi Michael,
My dive buddy is looking at wetsuits and I was wondering if she is going to be able to try one out at the Quarry, or is she only allowed to look at them. I'm signing up to try the D1 Hybrid, and I've filled out the form. Will she have to fill one out?

Thanks!
Dave

Never had a wetsuit really fit before I bought a Waterproof. Won't buy anything else now. Very high quality construction. Bring your credit card because you will want one!

I agree. I rented a W2 all last year and loved it. Kept me totally warm all season. The seals on the legs and arms work so well to keep the warm water in. Every time i got out of the water, my arms and legs felt about 5 lbs heavier because of how well it keeps the water in.

I'll be trying out the D1 hybrid drysuit this time. I hope i don't love it as much to be honest. Those suits cost over 3k!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3g2ba2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom