Hollis F1 Sizing Clarification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Griffo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi I was hoping you could clarify for me the sizing on the F1 fins. Is this size chart on your site based on the assumption that you will wear some kind of boot?

I'm a size US 9. With hard sole diving boots, will I Regular or XL?
The Wife is a US 6. Would she fit into regulars with hard sole boots, or would we need somethign like a rock-boot to make the fit snug?

Thanks in advance - I can't seem to find any stockists around here so will have to buy online.

Hi I was hoping you could clarify for me the sizing on the F1 fins. Is this size chart on your site based on the assumption that you will wear some kind of boot?

I'm a size US 9. With hard sole diving boots, will I Regular or XL?
The Wife is a US 6. Would she fit into regulars with hard sole boots, or would we need somethign like a rock-boot to make the fit snug?

Thanks in advance - I can't seem to find any stockists around here so will have to buy online.

I would think X Large.

There's a little more info here: Hope its of some help. FWIW I'm a size 7US (5mm boot) and the regular was too large. Incidentally I tried them on in a dive shop in Melbourne but can't remember the shop name.

F1 Fins by Hollis - Dive Gear Express

This link may be helpful:

http://www.oceanicaus.com.au/dealers.php#top

Last edited:
I wear a size 10 standard neoprene bootie and I'm using the Regular size which feels good (especially when compared to XL Jet Fin). It would appear that you and I are on the edge of Regular and XL. You may wish to try on, and see which fits better.

I wear a size 10 standard neoprene bootie and I'm using the Regular size which feels good (especially when compared to XL Jet Fin). It would appear that you and I are on the edge of Regular and XL. You may wish to try on, and see which fits better.

Your advice is good.

The sizing "edge" what a pain it is. I'm just slightly smaller that a US7 and with many brands of fin am on the edge of small and medium, a small is often a little too tight and a medium often a little too big, have thought about buying a size 8 boot and wearing a neoprene sock to fill it out.

I am looking to buy a pair of these online as well..

In my hunt to figure out what size (I'm a size 9US) I've read a lot of contradicting info...even some websites list contradicting size gradients, then there's the comparison to XL jets I've seen several times. F1 reg are listed @ 7-9 but the XL jets are 10-11. I also read a review on Leisure Pro regarding the XXL's being far larger than the size gradient lists them as...

I have a pair in my cart ready to go but without better info I don't know if I can pull the trigger because the shipping cost of a return or exchange makes the cost for hoping they'll fit ridiculous..

Maybe Hollis or an owner of the F1's would take the time to post dimensions of the boot? Length x Width @ opening & toe?

I am looking to buy a pair of these online as well..

In my hunt to figure out what size (I'm a size 9US) I've read a lot of contradicting info...even some websites list contradicting size gradients, then there's the comparison to XL jets I've seen several times. F1 reg are listed @ 7-9 but the XL jets are 10-11. I also read a review on Leisure Pro regarding the XXL's being far larger than the size gradient lists them as...

I have a pair in my cart ready to go but without better info I don't know if I can pull the trigger because the shipping cost of a return or exchange makes the cost for hoping they'll fit ridiculous..

Maybe Hollis or an owner of the F1's would take the time to post dimensions of the boot? Length x Width @ opening & toe?

Yep trying to buy fins online is not easy. Unless someone who is the same size as you and owns the fins you are looking can chime in it's a crap shoot. Like I mentioned before Im a US7 and the regular was too large, from memory by quite a margin.

buddha that does help :) I have a feeling the regulars would be a tad on the large size for me too. hopefully someone (or hollis!) will chime in.

online is difficult ...but it can be a whole lot cheaper than local so I don't mind the extra effort.

Foot pocket dimensions:
Regular. length to heel -10 inches, width - about 4 1/4 inches, height about 2 inches in - 2 1/4 inches. I use these with a 5mm soft boot size 8US

XL. length to heel - 10 inches, " - about 4 1/2 inches, height about 2 inches in - 2 3/4 to 3 inches. I use this size with 5mm hardsole size 9US

While the dimensions don't look to be that different on paper, you really see the difference in person. In addition there are three adjustments in the length of the springs.

Jim you rock my friend!!

Thanks that was EXACTLY what I needed.

Back
Top Bottom