Maine lobster found in puget sound today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VooDooGasMan

Contributor
Reaction score
not the first time sighted, and in the 50's they dumped them in, in deep water I thought the claws were dungies and now I think they must be lobster, I will bring up for analyst.

JanKocian's Photos
3.26.12 Maine lobster S2 .jpg Not sure on the 50's but I did a search and found that 1915 and a few years before they planted lobster seeds in puget sound.

Saltwater People Log

found this they started planting in 1907 and packed the crates with them.

Half way down the page.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

I find it interesting that they were put in port townsend in 1889 or 1890 and the indians caught and sold them in port townsend.

Not much else, one report of one in edmonds underwater park about 15 years ago, and one seen in 2008, both from divers.

A few years ago I saw two California Spiny lobsters in widely separated slips a marina in Alameda. Have never seen any before or since. And they definitely aren't indigenous to Northern California. It was weird.

Hey Voo Doo, when are you going to show me this treasure

Too late last night was told to kill it, they only bring males for live maine lobster, so wdfw said just kill it, i shot it through the mouth with speargun and it lived till it got cooked.

Post pic's later after I get them.

Ooooh! Cool pic! Who's the diver?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom