Is there an "Easy-er Reader" computer than a Liquivision X1,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Atomic Cobalt Cobalt Guide: Home uses an AMOLED display, which is very easy to read. Shearwater Shearwater Research - Home and Liquivision Liquivision computers both use OLED displays. These are emissive technologies, which makes them very bright and easy to see, particularly in dim conditions. The contrast ratios on these kinds of displays are far higher than for the LCD displays typically used for dive computers. They are far more expensive, though. The Mares Icon uses a TFT display that is brightly lit, though at the cost of shorter battery life.

What software are you using on the X1? If it's from HHS software, did you know that it has 2 size settings?

What software are you using on the X1? If it's from HHS software, did you know that it has 2 size settings?

It has HHS MultiDeco with the font set to "BIG", but I'm having trouble reading the seconds.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Shearwater Predator!! Nothing comes close.

It has HHS MultiDeco with the font set to "BIG", but I'm having trouble reading the seconds.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Never mind, I found the big second numbers in V-planner in TIMER mode. I can read those. Thanks.

---------- Post added April 2nd, 2012 at 08:37 PM ----------

Look at the shearwater predator.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

It's not quite "Liberace" enough for me. A little too "Wayne Newton," but thanks.

Last edited:
Shearwater Predator!! Nothing comes close.

I believe he was asking for a computer that displays seconds...? I don't think the Shearwater does, correct me if I'm wrong.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Back
Top Bottom