Looking for dive buddies LA area.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mr.wolf

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi every one, I'm looking for a couple of local dive buddies. I'm AOW into all types of diving all in all I just want to get in the water. I'm new to the area and not getting into the water enough.
If any one know any groups that meet up regularly to dive and can point me in that direction I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Hi Mr. Wolf,

Are you anywhere near Malibu? We're trying to start back up an old tradition that sorta fell by the wayside a couple years ago: Friday night Malibu shore dives. Our first "official" one is going to be next Friday (was supposed to be tonight but I had to cancel) - more info to come in this thread. All divers are welcome!

Another great way to meet local divers is to go to Veteran's Park in Redondo Beach pretty much any Wednesday night. I haven't been there in eons myself, as it's a bit too far for me to drive, but I'm sure there are other Vets regulars in here who can speak to that better than I can.

There is also a Sunday ground at Marineland (Terranea Resort) in Rancho Palos Verdes. They meet every Sunday morning at 8:00. Also, a couple of dive clubs meet in Laguna Beach on Saturday mornings as well.

We are diving Old Marineland this Saturday if you want to join us. I'm going with a group that meets reguarly and will be going on Friday's in Malibu also....(as soon as my schedule clears up)

There will be homemade chocolate chip cookies and Newcastle beer for post-dive relaxation on our Fri Night Malibu dives! Just sayin'. :blinking:

I'm in Venice so yes I'm close to Malibu, I would totally be down for that.

---------- Post added April 20th, 2012 at 11:29 PM ----------

Thanks every one for all the links and info, its a lot of help.:D

Back
Top Bottom