Suunto transmitter not working after battery change??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After changing my battery on my vytec transmitter, my Vyper Air will not register it?? While out of water it displays CD-- and when I go underwater it changes to "OFF". Has anyone had a similar issue, and know how to fix? It's as if the transmitter won't turn on but it's weird because before I changed the battery it would flash "FAIL" not "CD--". I'm guessing because the battery had enough juice to signal the computer, just not enough to register a pressure???

I know that many would argue to just throw it away and stick to the SPG but I absolutely love the wireless integration... when it works :)

I currently dive the D9 and I have had a similar issue. Mine would sinc up but I would lose the signal through the dive. Some things that I did to help with the issue was turning my air on with my computer next to the transmitter last. If it would flash "FAIL" during the dive I would hold my computer up to the transmitter so it would resinc. Having the transmitter and computer on the same side worked to. I was still having the same issue during some of my dives and I was upset because I paid a lot of money for a computer that would work some of the time. Good thing Suunto has a lifetime warrantee so I went to my local dive shop and they were more than happy to help me replace my transmitter. I got a replacement and I haven’t had an issue since.
Biggest thing to remember is sinc the computer and transmitter close together prior to your dive. That seemed to help out the most when I was having issues with it.

Back
Top Bottom