Dive Gear Express Special / Dive Rite Lux4 Flashlight Intermittently Flashes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mk706

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Had an issue with my Dive Rite Lux4 today. About 20 minutes into the dive the light began to flicker on/off about ever 2-3 seconds. I shut the light off for about five minutes. Turned it back on and it worked fine for about five minutes, then began flashing again. Dived the Arabian Gulf. Air temp was ~106F, water ~85F. Light was turned on in the water.

Head does not appear flooded. Battery compartment was dry. The battery was charged, after use 13 days ago. Unit has about 30 hours of use.

It's on the charger now. Will fill up the bathtub to test shortly.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

It's one of the Dive Gear Express specials from last spring.

After charging the battery I discharged it in the sink for ~95 minutes without fault. Perhaps it was a heat issue as it was quite warm today. Don't believe depth played a role as my dives were shallow (first to 25 ft, second to 57 ft- the AG is quite shallow).

Fingers crossed this anomaly will not reappear during my next outing.

Last edited:
Kathleen, I was finally able to get the light back in the water today. Worked fine for the first 65 minutes. After that, it began cutting off intermittently. I've been changing it using 220V 50Hz out of the wall. Will try changing it through a 110V 60Hz transformer. If the problem persists I'll contact Dive Rite service. I have such faith the the equipment I keep thinking the issue must be local.

Has nothing to do with DiveRite directly but it does have to do with being able to buy DiveRite. Does DiveGear Express ship to APO/FPO?

Has nothing to do with DiveRite directly but it does have to do with being able to buy DiveRite. Does DiveGear Express ship to APO/FPO?

yup, free shipping if it's over $50

Dive Gear Express:
is available for FREE on most orders totaling over $50.00 to continental 48 U.S. addresses (including APO/FPO/DPO addresses) and on most orders totaling over $200.00 to non-continental U.S. addresses (including Alaska, Hawaii and U.S. Territories). Delivery time is about 7 to 10 business days, and faster shipping options are available. † Free domestic shipping to APO/FPO/DPO addresses and addresses outside the continental US is not available on cylinders, rebreathers, absorbent, DPVs, and gas boosters.

I've had no issues with FPO, including shipments from DGE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom