couple of questions bali/visa/phone sim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big fish63

Contributor
Reaction score
Last time i arrived in Bali, it took the best part of 3hrs to get through immigration. I had to queue for a visa which took around 45mins, then around 2 hrs to get through to pick up my baggage ( which had been dumped for anyone to pick up). I think i was unlucky because a couple of flights landed at the same time time, however as we were coming in to land as soon as we touched the ground people were literally getting out of there seats and trying to make there way to the front. I now know why!

Are they still running this visa on entry policy? how much is it now? Can i get one before i arrive? I'm travelling from the UK via Singapore.

Is it possible to get a micro sim for a iPhone? Can i get some sort of internet usage for it if its available? 3G anywhere?

Hi,

Visa on Arrival costs 20 US$ ... It's not the most time consuming to get the VoA but while you're waiting to get it, the queue grows for immigration and it can become quite a long queue when a couple of flights lands at the same time.

I suggest you get a Tourist Visa from the UK (cost about 40 US$) : this way you avoid waiting to get the VoA and most of the time (but not always : this is Asia, no general rule ...) Immigration queues are different for VoA and Tourist Visa : as most visitors don't bother getting a Tourist Visa, passing immigration can be super fast with a Tourist Visa.

No worries to get a micro sim, cost nothing (about 50k IDR / 6 US$).

Whatever mobile provider you choose, expect to pay 100k IDR / 12 US$ for a 1GB data plan.

I personnaly recommend Telkomsel, tested in North & South Bali. XL is crap in South Bali.

Whatever, even with 3G coverage, don't expect super fast Internet, it's ok for emails and web browsing.

Hi, thanks for the help.

i'll look into a tourist visa.

Can i purchase a sim at the airport? The plan you talked about are just pay as you go, right? i'll be in Tulamben and lembongan.

Yes it can be a pain after a long flight,tired,having to get in a Q for a visa on arrival and then Q for immigration.noticed Jakarta/Denpassar sometimes there is a long Q sometimes not.just like a lot of airports.

I always have to apply for tourist visa due to time i spend on each trip.you can apply at Embassy in London.post on Monday,returned by Friday and covers up to 60 days and cost is £35,you can also go to embassy in person.

As ZIVVA mentioned sim no problem, use Telkomsel ,not fast on internet and yes pay as you go

Visa on arrival is 25$US for a stay up to 30 days. Must be paid in a major currency--no credit cards.

Sometimes the q's for the 2 months tourist visa are even longer than the normal voa. Its all about the day and the mood of immigration. A VOA costs u $25. U can pay it in all major currencies.
Phones ans sim cards are no prob in Indonesia, u can get them everywhere. there are little shops on every corner where u can buy this. Sim card cost normally 50.000 IDR, all depends on ur number. And if u buy credit for 100.000 and use telkomsel flash, u have unlimited internet for a month.
If u pay the porters 5.000 or 10.000, u can wait for ur laguages outside the building of the airport. Easy and it works....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom