Uwatec Air Z trouble.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wausman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Here is what happened. Some friends and I went to the oil rigs last weekend for a dive. I loaded my gear in the cabin which would have been below the water level. After getting out to the rig we started gearing up. I pulled out my Uwatec Air Z which was in the hard case and dry. But when I opened the case it was already on and was showing a dive of 5' for 76 minutes. Even after taking it up on the deck it still showed 5' and would not respond when any buttons were pushed.

Later when I checked into the motel I was going to see if I could fix it. When I pulled it out of its case it was off and responded normal like it always does. I did notice however the battery went from 99% to 96%. Could this have been caused from putting this computer in the cabin?

This might be better-off in another forum - maybe Scubapro. I had one that would occasionally get stuck in dive mode. Might try thoroughly cleaning the unit, especially around contacts/ports, and reset/service with a fresh set of batteries.

Did you dive the computer? Was it 5 feet different than your buddies computer? Was your computer used the day before and still wet? As long as it is above the surface of the water it should read 0 depth.

If it is under warranty from Scubapro, send it in. I would want an accurate depth gauge, and even more accuracy if you are using it as a computer, instead of utilizing tables.

Did you dive the computer? Was it 5 feet different than your buddies computer? Was your computer used the day before and still wet? As long as it is above the surface of the water it should read 0 depth.

If it is under warranty from Scubapro, send it in. I would want an accurate depth gauge, and even more accuracy if you are using it as a computer, instead of utilizing tables.

No I did not dive it I had another computer. It was not wet from the day before however I did think of that. Being in the cabin it would have been below the water level but I wouldn't think it would have turned on without being wet. Natually the warranty just ran out but I did just get it back from Uwatec for battery replacment and have only dove it about 3 times since.

No I did not dive it I had another computer. It was not wet from the day before however I did think of that. Being in the cabin it would have been below the water level but I wouldn't think it would have turned on without being wet. Natually the warranty just ran out but I did just get it back from Uwatec for battery replacment and have only dove it about 3 times since.
It does not matter if the computer was in the cabin. The ambient pressure in the cabin is one atmosphere (even below the water line) unlesss the boat is full of water, in which case your computer is the least of your worries!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom