Question PPX Air Pressure Response Slow at Air ON/OFF

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J_Rod

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
PPX not used for over 6mos....When doing a gear check for the next dive, I noticed that the air pressure only slowly went up over 5 minutes, but ended up with an accurate pressure. Pressure change came down the same rate as it went up, after air turned off and pressure purged. Is this a known issue with a "home remedy", or am I sending it in??

5 minutes sounds excessive, but a delay is not unusual. The hole in the HP hose is tiny, so it can take a little time. But, I’m talking seconds, not minutes.

If it’s under warranty, I’d say take it in. A 5 minute delay in pressure reading is too much. If it’s not under warranty, I’d try a new HP hose first. It’s possible that there’s an obstruction in the hose that further restricts the flow of air.

5 minutes sounds excessive, but a delay is not unusual. The hole in the HP hose is tiny, so it can take a little time. But, I’m talking seconds, not minutes.

If it’s under warranty, I’d say take it in. A 5 minute delay in pressure reading is too much. If it’s not under warranty, I’d try a new HP hose first. It’s possible that there’s an obstruction in the hose that further restricts the flow of air.
I agree with this, but I'd look first at the hose. If it is a "miflex" hose, they have been known to crumble on the inside and partially block -- or block -- the gas flow. Wheter miflex or not, replace the hose with another and see if tht helps.
Also look at the HP exit port on the first stage. tht too is a small hole; is it clear?
Finally, if you ahve a mechanical SPG, I'd try that instead of the PP-X and see what it shows.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom