Drowning in Options for Indo - where o where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lp

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi SB,

i posted this to another sub-forum but didn;t get many responses, perhaps wrong area (http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ge...inner-experienced-diver-indo-philippines.html)..

In short, am looking for a quick getaway for my g/f to get her open water and me to hopefully have some enjoyable diving. I'm not into macro or muck diving, rather schools of pelagics with high current predator action my zen.

I have dove Tulumben and Raja Ampat but i think what i'm looking for is a 'fiji' like experience - big coral gardens and large schools of fish with low current - that'll hook her!

Anyway, Fiji is way more $$ than when i last went, PNG is a little $$ for a beginner and, well Oz is not very exciting since we're australian. Want a holiday too. Phillipines sounds great but flight time and connections are looking unworkable to get to the good areas (from what i've read?).

Any suggestions for a nice mid-range comfortable land-based diving location close (ish) to Bali would be much appreciated.

Thanks, LP

Try Lotus Bungalows Resort in Candiasa and dive with their op Gangga Divers! Great resort( small) and awesome dive op! Jan and Henri are wonderful! Have fun!!

I'd suggest Pemuteran (far North of Bali). Menjangan island is absolutely spectacular for coral and small fishes. Pemuteran is well off the beaten path, so if you're expecting major night-life, this may not be the spot for you. If you do go there, I'd enthusiastically recommend Sea Rovers (dive shop) and Adi Assri (hotel to stay at).

John N

Try Lotus Bungalows Resort in Candiasa and dive with their op Gangga Divers! Great resort( small) and awesome dive op! Jan and Henri are wonderful! Have fun!!

Hi Jake

Candiasa looks good but lots of comments about "strong currents"? Assuming there are some local protected dive sites for em to learn on?

Thanks,lp

---------- Post added ----------

I'd suggest Pemuteran (far North of Bali). Menjangan island is absolutely spectacular for coral and small fishes. Pemuteran is well off the beaten path, so if you're expecting major night-life, this may not be the spot for you. If you do go there, I'd enthusiastically recommend Sea Rovers (dive shop) and Adi Assri (hotel to stay at).

John N

Hi John, Pemuteran is probably better for em but not sure how much itd excite me :) Candiasa does sound good for me but not sure about her?

really though - from my 6 trips to bali (only 2 for diving) i know i'm not going to be disappointed in either place !

Thanks, lp

Back
Top Bottom