Good flashlight that can withstand a surf entry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snorkler

Registered
Reaction score
I previously got a decent flashlight but it got ruined the first time because sand got into it.

I like lights that do not have any kind of exposed, mechanical switch. My favorite handheld are the Dorcy Penetrators. I have 5 of them. They are twist on, twist off with dual oring seals. If you are taking a light you also want to turn it on before you go in the water and off after you exit. The most likely place for a light to fail is when you turn it on.

I am a fan of the DRIS 1000 lumen lights. I have many shore entries with these lights over the last couple months and they work great.

I think this is one of those posts where you're going to get a bunch of different opinions, based on individual user experience. You don't mention price criteria, or whether you're looking for primary or backup. Here are the two I use: for primary, the Titan Scula - Titan Dive Gear - SCULA - it's built like a tank, has very good battery life, and can be used in a variety of environments. For backup, I use the Seasoft Raygun - SEASOFT RAYGUN Hi BEAM - likewise very tough. The Seasoft is always with me, in a pocket with an internal lanyard that Seasoft also sells. Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom