Mares Puck Air vs Cressi Leonardo Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eweingarden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'd like some feedback on these two computers. Does the air integration of the Mares offer any specific advantage over an analog gauge? How's the size/visibility of each? Thanks.

Ed

I don't know about the Cressi Leonardo, but we have an initial impression of the Mares Puck Air after having a student use it for her certification.

It is relatively easy to use and the information is quite readable. The compass has large numbering which is easy to see even under poor visibility conditions.

The air integration feature requires a button press to get to the screen that estimates the remaining air time. On the Atomic Cobalt, this is on the default screen. The cobalt is a superior product being color and easy to use, but it is more than twice the price. This makes the Mares Puck Air a feasible mid range choice.

We're planning on integrating them into our classes.

I have a mares puck air integrated console...the estimated time remaining works...but is not instant(I have tested in the pool)..so this is how it works you have to breathe at a constant rate for a minute or two to get the reading,.then I started to breathe fast and after a minute it changed...so it works...

Is easy to use. So far so good for 275 that I paid.....

The puck air's display is relatively small in size, so it can't display alot of info. There is no nitrogen loading bar, just NDL remaining time. Plus, it gives air pressure left and with a button, remaining air time, but no SAC rate.

I only did 1 day of dive with it, but I had 2 other computers with me. The others kind of flashes words or blink an LED when I was ascending at an unsafe rate (coldwater dive, thick wetsuit, heavy weights). It wasn't until I looked at the other computer which displayed the alphanumeric word "Too Fast" that I thought I was ascending too fast. The Puck Air didn't use its dot matrix display to its advantage.

Back
Top Bottom