Galileo Sol Error

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coliseum

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi,

I have the Galileo Sol since it was first released.

I happen to use it only in the summer... so last time I used it it was about a year ago.

I just got it out and it seems the battery has been dead for a while... so, I bought a new battery kit and replaced the battery... As soon as the Sol turns on, all I get is "Service Mode Error 6".

It cant be the battery, its new! Any ideas? I am travelling to the Red Sea in 2 days and I need to sort this out! and oh yeah, the "Authorized Dealer" has no clue why this happened.

PS I did align the battery cover... is there something else I can do? even a hard reset?

Thanks!

I have a Sol but have only had to replace the battery once and I sent it away for that as it also needed to be "serviced" as per the manual after xx years and you don't have time for that. I know this sounds dumb but might you have put the battery in upside down? Nah, you'd have tried that.... Just a thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom