6 weeks in Indonesia.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Muzzman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was just going to travel between Bali and Flores. Diving perhaps Bali, Gili Islands, Nusa Lembongan, Komodo any other must doo's that i can fit in easily while i'm in this part of the world in that time frame?

thanks

Hi there

My husband and I have dived all of these locations and they are all fantastic. We get two to three weeks at a time , you are so lucky to have 6 weeks. Komodo is awesome and don't lave without having seen the dragons. For a few de-gassing days before moving on / returning home consider Ubud for a taste of Balinese culture.

Have a wonderful time.

I was just going to travel between Bali and Flores. Diving perhaps Bali, Gili Islands, Nusa Lembongan, Komodo any other must doo's that i can fit in easily while i'm in this part of the world in that time frame?

thanks

Just a reminder that you need to request an extension to your VOA to go past 30 days.

As John said make sure you get the extension or get a 60 day visa before going. With 6 weeks you could get to so many places and so maybe think about North Sulawesi as well...Just a thought!

Hi Guys

Thanks for the advice. I haven't looked into it but i'm going to see if i can get 60 day visa in KK. Ubud, great we'll check that out. N Sulawesi.....google here i come!!

Great diving in East Timor..that could be a "visa run" opportunity for you as well

Hi Guys

Thanks for the advice. I haven't looked into it but i'm going to see if i can get 60 day visa in KK. Ubud, great we'll check that out. N Sulawesi.....google here i come!!

You don't say where you're from, but getting a visa in advance from Indonesia can be quite 'interesting'. . . as is your ability to get the extension when you land. If you do try to get one in advance, I would suggest you start now, the last time I looked into it you almost had to have a letter from your mother attesting to your character. . . :D

I would suggest you build in a trip out-of-country in the middle of your trip (at least contingency plans). A trip to Singapore or KL (Malaysia) is often used.

The working of the Indonesia bureaucratic system is mysterious and strange and seems largely fueled by bribes"indulgences" paid to the appropriate parties. Finding the correct parties is the challenge.

To put things in perspective, the times I've spent in Bali are some of the very best I've ever had and I'm eager to take the 27 hour flight (this will make #6) as soon as I can.

You should go to Manado (Bunaken) and maybe Raja Ampat but thats quite costly. Raja Ampat rates are usually in USD only

I'm from the UK. I looked into Raja Ampat but i don't think our funds will run to that, we're traveling for a year so have to watch the pennies to a certain extent

Maybe it would be better to spend longer in Malaysian Borneo and just spend 30 days in Indonesia, although the Visa run into East Timor could be a possibility

For diving try tulamben in Bali. Gili islands isn´t that amazing, a lot of dead coral, but the beach is nice and you have more options for food and relax and party if your friends dont dive. definitely north sulawesi, fly to manado. if you want to balance beach and diving go to bangka island you wont be dissapointed, if you have more money to spend try ganga island resort. also if you go to Sabah (borneo), you can go to dive around sipadan. if you want some recommendations in where to stay i havebeen to these places with a mid budget, so i can give you good advice on transfers, where to stay, etc. from these my favourite destinations to dive were tulamben (tulamben wreck divers) and bangka island (coral eye resort).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom