BCD Shoulder Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrv331

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I need some help with a new BCD. I was using a Scuba Pro jacket/vest BCD which had no adjustments other than waist. I bought an Aeris EX200 back inflate and have a question on shoulder strap adjustment. The BCD has elastic loops on the right shoulder strap that I guess you can hook things to. Problem is that if I wear the BCD at the level that feels comfortable there is no way I could ever reach anything I put on the loops. Now if I crank down on the shoulder strap I can reach it but it just doesnt feel right.

Or maybe Im just wearing it to low on my back and need to push the back end up a little. Is there a ball park of how high the back should be(pant waist level, below or above)

This image is how I would wear it: Amazon.com: Aeris EX200 Weight Integrated BC - EX 200 Scuba Diving BCD, Scuba BC, Diving BCD: Sports & Outdoors

Should I be wearing the shoulder straps tighter ? Its my first back inflate so Im not really sure.
Thanks
JV

Last edited:
It sounds like it might just be there to secure the corrugated tubing, not as an attachment point for gadgets.

The tubing is on the opposite shoulder, this is on the right side.
Thanks

Attachment points are DRings or clips. The BC has 2 Drings on the shoulder pads, and 2 DRings on the the waist belt as well as two pockets for stuff next to the weight pockets. There are two 5lbs weight pockets in the back. There are two clip points just above the weight pockets. I am sure there is more that the photo does not show. The elastic band is just part of the strap. You should loosen the shoulder straps, position/tighten the waist belt so its comfortable, then tighten the shoulder straps so they are snug. The chest strap can be used or no depending on how you like it to fit.

Looks like a solid BC, and $289 is a good price. Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom