Problem with Gekko

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSloan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have about 150 dives on 2 separate Suunto Gekkos. I just replaced the batteries for the first time after 4-5 years and after the install, they now go into dive mode when they turn on and show zero feet, so you cannot change any settings, etc. I have read about depth gauge failures on Suuntos, but have never had problems and don't know why the battery replacement would precipitate a failure (on both watches). Has anyone had a similar problem? I am hoping I did something stupid during the battery swap. Internet embarrassment costs a lot less than two dive watches.

If they won't let you get to any menus after holding the mode button in, I think you'll have to take them in to your local dealer.

We have a couple dead Gekko's at work that the local FD dive teams have given us to "fix".

Sunnto's official unofficial policy : Sell you a Zoop 2 as a replacement.

Sadly, these cheap computers just don't last...

I've had a similar problem once or twice with my Vyper. Try cleaning the two metal contacts with a q-tip or distilled water.

Mine seemed to come up randomly after diving but cleared itself each time after rinsing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom