uwatec galileo sol transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tiger.

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey, I'm thinking of going to side mount and have been chasing another tank transmitter for my Galileo sol. I've noticed that there are 2 different transmitters, the one I have is has a rounded end, but the other ones I've seen have like a tapered end. Now am
I able to use any uwatec tank transmitter or does it have to be certain models? If so do you guys by any chance know? Cheers

Hey, I'm thinking of going to side mount and have been chasing another tank transmitter for my Galileo sol. I've noticed that there are 2 different transmitters, the one I have is has a rounded end, but the other ones I've seen have like a tapered end. Now am
I able to use any uwatec tank transmitter or does it have to be certain models? If so do you guys by any chance know? Cheers

I don't know the answer to your question, but I had also noticed that the online pictures of the transmitters they are currently selling seem to have a more tapered shape than my old rounded one.

But, if you are going to dive sidemount with two independent tanks, then what you need to be looking for is the "new" transmitter that they mention in their Trimix manual. There they state that they are going to release a new transmitter which does not go to sleep when the tank is not in use. In other words, the transmitter will stay on, making it possible to simultaneously see the pressure in the tank you're not breathing from, as well as the one you are currently using.

Does anyone know if this new type of transmitter is available yet?

Hi
Was hoping to tag on to this thread. The battery in my transmitter for a uwatec air 2 has gone flat and is the model where the battery can't be replaced. Can I buy a new transmitter and where would I get one from?
many thanks

Yeah I never thought about when I'm not using the tank that it would go off. But come to think of it, your right. I might have to wait abit until they bring out the new transmitters. I'm hoping you can use different transmitters, theres a cheap one on eBay! How many dives did your transmitter last before the battery ran out ?

I've couldn't find anything on the new updated transmitter but I think I've decided I will just run spg's for sm and leave AI to my rec diving.

Uwatec Air series transmitters are not compatible with the Uwatec Smart Z, TEC, Luna, or Sol computers.

The Air series have epoxy over a Torx security screw, and they are oil filled. You can replace the battery in them.

I dive sidemount with two tanks, and have no problem with the current transmitters.

I have used both the new ( came out in 2011 ) and the previous one. You can use either one. I have used both of them on my pony tanks. They do go to sleep, but when you change your tank ( transmitter ) and start breathing off the new tank, it wakes up and you get tank pressure.

However, the Air X or Air Z transmitters won't work for the Galileo and you can not change the battery in those. They have been replaced by a new transmitter for the Air Z's that has a user changeable battery.

Can someone educate me? What's the point in having AI diving sidemount ? Is it for calculating SAC rate after a dive? Surely it's almost as easy to look down at an spg in sidemount as it is to look at a computer??

Thankyou. AI make life easy... Simple as that. It calculates everything for you, how long you can stay at the given depth based on deco, breathing rate, amount of air you have left and to make all the proper safety stops so that when you come up you will have the reserved air limit left which you can set. I have mine on 40 bar so if anything happens I still have the 40 bar spare. If running 2 transmitters and one goes off would'nt it change all the calculations... So say your doing a 40m deco dive and you have 2 tanks with 100 bar left in both, if one transmitter went to sleep then, wouldn't the computer alarms start going off because you you've gone beyond your rbt Evan though it's just because the transmitter is off??

I dive sidemount with two tanks, and have no problem with the current transmitters.

Jax, how do you have the Sol set up to handle sidemount? Do you have one as your tank and the other as one of the PMG tanks?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom