Caribbean diving with my family

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am new to diving and am planning to go to the Caribbean this year. My wife and daughter don't dive, so I want a resort that will be fun for them too while I do a few dives. Any suggestions?

You might look at Princess Beach Resort on Curacao - formerly Breezes - it may be under renovation currently. It's all-inclusive. There's on site diving with Ocean Encounters, and activities for non-divers. Nearby is the Seaquarium, sort of a small Seaworld. Easy, low current diving. There's the famous shopping area downtown - 5mins. away. Lions Dive Resort is another option next door. You can also do guided shore diving with the Dive Bus, they'll pick you up. Curacao Travel- Caribbean, Curacao, Dutch Caribbean

Something more upscale is the Atlantis mega-resort on Paradise Island, Nassau. Explore Scuba is on the island or the Atlantis dive operator - Stuart Cove's will pick you up and shuttle you to their southside location. There's also a couple of less expensive options on Paradise Island with access to the Atlantis amenities as part of their package. Atlantis Paradise Island Resort | Caribbean Bahamas Vacations or The Bahamas | Explore The Islands Of The Bahamas

The Club Med at Columbus Isle, Bahamas, is beautiful and features good diving. It is one of two Club Meds in the Caribbean which emphasize diving. It costs extra. That Club allows kids, but does not particularly cater to them. You might look into it. Many guests are French, either from France or Quebec. Don't be put off by the supposed focus of Club Meds on youth. That attitude is pretty much long gone and certainly is, in our experience, at Columbus Isle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom