Shearwater customer service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DA Aquamaster

Directional Toast
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I've owned one of my Predators since March of 2010, and about 6 months ago I noted I was replacing batteries more often than usual. The rate accelerated over the summer and when I swapped batteries in both my Predators prior to a July cave trip, and had to replace one of them at the start of our September cave trip, it became clear the issue was in one Predator not both. I noted the weekend before last that the battery was again dead in the suspect and I replaced it, only to find it was dead again this weekend.

So I e-mailed Shearwater with a description of the problem, realizing it was Sunday and not expecting a response until sometime mid week. However within an hour I had an e-mail with a suggestion and a clarifying question, and within an hour of my response, I had a handoff to Curt and an e-mail from him with the shipping directions to send it in for a new board.

So 3 hours, start to finish on a Sunday. That's exceptional customer service by any standard.

If you're buying a computer from anyone else, you're making a horrible mistake.

Yeah, Shearwater rocks in both product and customer service!

UPDATE:

We mailed it off to WA from NC on Monday afternoon with an expected delivery of Wednesday, so realistically we figured Thursday delivery.

I just received (Thursday 3:45pm) a click and ship notice from USPS with a note from Curt that my repaired Predator has been shipped.

So in effect, we're getting superb customer service with a 1 week turn around time with 6 days of that week being shipping time in the mail.

Does anyone know how to have a case of beer delivered in Everett WA?

Reactions: Jax

Back
Top Bottom