NiTek Duo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djensen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi gang,

What do you think of the NiTek Duo? I'm looking at a used one that appears to be a really good deal. It reviews well, but I'd like to get personal use opinions from owners.

Thanks!

Hi gang,

What do you think of the NiTek Duo? I'm looking at a used one that appears to be a really good deal. It reviews well, but I'd like to get personal use opinions from owners.

Thanks!

I love it, and all its "other" names as well (Zeagle N2ition,cressi archimedes, Tusa 700 hunter, etc).

Simple, easy, relliabe.
I am getting a Shearwater petrel - but I will keep both of my duos for Guage mode.

If you have any specific questions - ask them. But overall, you cant go wrong with this computer.

Several years of use, and I like mine. Pretty simple to set, easy to read, easy to use.

I always have to google the manual to switch back to imperial after changing the battery. If you forget to set gases and descend, it can lock you out for 24 hours. And, it has never shown me the low battery signal, but it starts to get incredibly sensitive about depth changes...once it starts beeping when you raise your arm to check your tank pressure, the battery is low and should be replaced.

I think they are a great value, and with the guage mode, useful as a backup even if you upgrade to a computer with greater gas capability later on.

I had one years ago.Liked it.

It stopped working after water got into the electronics through one of the buttons. Was a bit of a problem when they first came out,supposedly fixed on later models.

I loved mine until some twit stole it about 16 months ago. You should know that Seiko (the manufacturer of the Nitek Duo and Trio) has apparently discontinued the manufacture of dive computers so repair parts may be impossible to obtain.

I've got one used for $80. Well worth the money, but I don't get to use it much, my #1 son liberated it from me.

i had a plus and loved it. set the second gas to something (21% is fine) so it doesn't beep whenever it gets wet. at least, this was true of the plus, and it can't hurt.

second the 'set the gases every dive day' comment. if you forget, it locks up tight & then no diving for you! :)

I'll second pretty much everything Jah Jah said. Especially having to look up how to change from metric to imperial. I once had to keep it in metric for a weekend trip because I forgot to change the settings to imperial before I left on a trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom