First boat dive trip to Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coastiehelimech

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Check This Out,

So the boat trip was a perfect day as far as weather. 80 degrees, calm seas, and no clouds and 60-70 feet visability,

We anchored at our first of three dive sites for the day, a pinnicale reef formation 200 yards north of Bird Rock near two harbors Catalina Island. I powered up my new Cobalt computer for it's first dive. Donned my new fusion dry suit and entered the water. After giving the boat an OK signal I looked at my comp and it was flooding with water behind the screen. Also I could feel a leak in my left foot of the drysuit. I had to miss the first dive to get out and attach my backup SPG and dive the tables the rest of the day. On the way home I found a hole big enough to squirt a jet of water through in my new fusion suit.

Still had a great time.

I took the cobalt back to my LDS. this was strike two! had to send it in for a stuck button and now this. According to Atomic the recent recall DIDN"T apply to my computer by Serial number.....Whatever the case $1200 is too much for Atomic to have these problems with the cobalt PERIOD! I have patched my drysuit's hole and have an all black D6i on its way to me. Sorry Atomic!

Back
Top Bottom