sherwood world wide service?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deva

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,
looking into buying some Sherwood gear SR1 reg and octo along with the avid CQR3 bcd and some gauges.
my question is if I need to service them say in south east asia were I hope to do alot of diving can it be done easily and are parts available?
i am in Thailand now going a DM course and alot of ppl say use aqua lung and scuba pro because you can get them serviced everywhere.

oh also does the avid run big or small on the sizing chart? I am 5'7 145 and been using a small AL wave BCD
thanks so much.

Before making up your mind on the SR-1 I would suggest you do a search on the reg, unlike Sherwood regs of the past, it does not have a good reputation.

Here's a comparison on dealer availability where you are now - Thailand.

Sherwood lists 2 dealers in that country - Sherwood Scuba - Dealer Locator
Aqualung lists 17 if my count off their map is correct - also at aqualung.com they have a sub-category just for Thailand. Aqualung - Southeast Asia
ScubaPro lists 25 including several Platinum (exclusive) dealers. SCUBAPRO - Find a Scubapro Dealer

Sherwood is found worldwide and is usually easily serviced in any country. The SR1 seemed to have some growing pains but the current versions seem to be doing alright, I have seen a few on our boat and divers seem to be very happy with them.

I can't speak to service in Thailand, but I have been very pleased with my SR1 (been diving it since 2009, before that a ScubaPro Mk17) and have had no issues getting it serviced here in Japan.

Don't listen to the magazines.. To may problems and issues (incompetence!) with support in the states.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom