Sherwood SR-1 Annual Service Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akdeepdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a SR1 regulator, both 1st and 2nd Stage. I need to get it serviced. Local shop here charges labor and parts. My question is this: Does both the 1st stage and second stage need seperate parts kits, or does the parts kit contain the parts for both stages. I have heard both answers in the past, but wanted it from the proverbial horses mouth. Also, if it uses only one kit, I dont want to be charged for two.
Myles

Same here. Used to work with a Sherwood Dealer. 1st and 2nd stages are separate kits. Sherwood used to have free parts for first two services. There were plastic colored rings on the hoses the tech was supposed to remove to show these had been done. Never worked on an SR1 but they have a rep of being tempermental. So make sure the tech knows what they are doing.

The kits for the older barrel first stage had parts for both stages. I just looked and I still have one. It has a teflon puck for the first stage, a neoprene puck for the second, a star clip, an inlet screen, and o-rings for both stages. Price I have noted for the kit is $8.00, which was full retail. I don't know if/when a change was made, since we only have one Sherwood (my G/F's Oasis) and parts last a very long time.

Last edited:
The SR-1 Service Kit (on kit) covers the first and second stages.

Back
Top Bottom