Kit Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cazza1729

New
Reaction score
Hi, long time lurker but first time question!

Looking at upgrading to some new HOLLIS kit, was wondering if I could mate a SMS50 sidemount to BAC 65lbs wing and who I could get to do such a thing if it was beyond the parameters of a not-very-gifted amateur?

Many thanks in advance.

welcome to scubaboard!
alot of things are possible....but why are you looking at this combo? a BP with solo harness and BAC-65 would be the same thing. can you describe what you diving plans are, or the reasoning?

welcome to scubaboard!
alot of things are possible....but why are you looking at this combo? a BP with solo harness and BAC-65 would be the same thing. can you describe what you diving plans are, or the reasoning?

Thanks. Just looking at bits of "cheap" second hand kit and thinking of putting together a rig. I'm looking at doing my DM this year (but it will not be my career).

are you planning on doing SM or BM, if you are looking at SM then theirs no need for the BAC-65 wing, as tstormdiver said, the sms50 is already a complete set, if your looking for doing BM then just look for a used backplate and wing combo, i see them on this board for great prices. if your planning on setting your kit to do a combo of Bm and SM then look for a used SMS100, which in its stock configuration can do both, just need the cam bands.
this part is a little off the topic but are you working in a shop? if not then i wouldnt recomend DM training, the class is mainly geared towards how to operate trips and doesnt tech any new "technique", for the cost of the class you can do some really good classes other than DM....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom