Diving in Bali during rain season may be an excellent option

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grocio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there,

I dove around Bali from January 28th until February 4th, that is during the rain season. I confess that before leaving the Netherlands I was afraid to get lots of rain and little diving but, fortunately, in the end I was very lucky because there was very little rain and wind.

I just wanted to say that diving in Bali during the low season might be an excellent option, even if you won't see molas: for example, you can dive the Liberty wreck in Tulamben while seeing no more than two or three divers around, which makes the experience of diving this gorgeous wreck even more special, particularly during night dives!

Diving here in low season is great indeed!
The amount of rain does vary from month to month and year to year. In general, rain season is not a bad monsoon when it rains 24/7 for months on end, especially in coastal areas. This year is seeing very little rainfall and most of it is at night.
Another plus side is that even if there is wind and swell on one side of the island, the other side usually offers good diving conditions. If the timing is wrong with one spot, just head off to the next one...

I just wanted to say that diving in Bali during the low season might be an excellent option, even if you won't see molas

We even had some Mola² sightings recently ! :)

Viz is certainly not at its best everyday (but still it can be very nice !) during "rainy" season but you're right, dive sites & boats are much less crowded + groups are smaller and that makes a totally different experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom