liquivision vision Kaon didnt come on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mintakax

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a new liquivision Kaon and I took it in the pool yesterday. I surfaced frequently as I was helping my wife get her equipment sorted out. One surface period lasted long enough for the computer to go into sleep mode and when I re-submerged to 10 ft, the display did not come back on, nor would it come back on with the normal tapping sequence. I re-surfaced and performed the tapping sequence and it did come back on and functioned fine after that. Is there a possibility that the computer will not automatically turn on upon descent ? I am familiar with the "Min Dive" and "Min Surf Int" settings and I cannot see how either of these would cause the screen not to turn on. I do have the latest software. It was set to Rec mode and auto dim was off.

Any ideas ?

Thanks !

---------- Post added February 11th, 2013 at 08:31 AM ----------

---------- Post added February 11th, 2013 at 08:34 AM ----------

So basically , no other Liquivision owners who read this post have ever had this problem ?

Last edited:
When you start a dive, the unit will usually turn on within 10 seconds. In extremely rare cases it may take up to 1 minute for it to turn on. Generally, it is good practice to turn the unit on before you start the dive, but this is not required.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Thanks, I dont think I waited a minute, so I'll write this off as "a rare case"
Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom