Room recommendations at Anthony's Key Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hgpilot

New
Reaction score
# of dives
My wife and I just decided to spend a week at AKR this summer - we'll spring for the Key Superior room. We've never been and have been told that you can request a room, although it might not be available. Any suggestions to the better / nicer rooms on the key? A few of the photos suggest that 1 or 2 open up onto a very small beach....

Any suggestons are much appreciated

Key Superior with Air conditioning is nice combination. You will have a wonderful time.

I would suggest you request a location more than a specific cabana, since they are very similar.
Do you mind walking accross the key each time to get to your room or do you want to be closer to the boat shuttle?
Do you want to be on the ocean side or facing the island? Ocean side a little more consistant breeze, but you'll also have air.
Do you want a single cabana or one that shares a deck with another?
Prefer to be on the west for sunsets?
We've stayed on the north and east sides and have been happy with each location.
If you narrow that down you're more apt to get a room type you prefer and I know you won't be unhappy with any of them.

Reactions: Doc
#50 is nice, it is on the west side of the Key. Nice deck and the AC works great, in August. No sand right there and it isn't close to the shuttle, but the deck is very nice and roomy.

We went to AKR the past years with another couple-stayed in 46 &47. We loved it!!!!! We requested them the second year and got them. They are two separate cabanas/cabins/bungalows but share a large porch area. I agree that you will want to request one on the northwest side of the key. Beautiful sunsets!!!The shore diving is also on the north side of the key - it's worth it to dive it a couple times. There are a couple cabanas near the shore diving entry point-I don't think you would want to get those as there likely will be a little traffic ...

Trip Advisor is a great resource for this specific information. There are quite a few comments in the reviews and there is a link that summarizes all the room advice. Some of it is contradictory but I'm of the view more information is good.

When we were there in August they were building more out on the Key. The favorites might change.

Hi -- Just got back from AKR. I believe Room #36 opens to the little 'beach', which is also where the shore diving shack is located. Room #37 has an open deck set about 35' from the cottage. It is the only one with that feature. Most of the others have covered decks w/ hammocks (as 37 also does) attached to the cottages. Some are duplex style, where the deck is shared with one or more others... Numbers mid-high 30s face pretty much North, but catch the sunset, 40s and 50s towards the dolphin pen/island (also sunset viewable, but probably over the island)... Low 30s and below face more easterly /southerly, across the bay towards Roatan....hope it helps. Great place, great diving, btw.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom