Attach 2 Sola 2000s to the housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shasta_man

Contributor
Reaction score
Question: Just purchased a 6038.55 housing. I'd like to mount 2 Sola 2000s, each one on a locline mount.

Is there a tray I can buy or change the handles to mount the locline to?

I can't tell whether a tray is offered on the website.

Thanks for your help.

Question: Just purchased a 6038.55 housing. I'd like to mount 2 Sola 2000s, each one on a locline mount.

Is there a tray I can buy or change the handles to mount the locline to?

I can't tell whether a tray is offered on the website.

Thanks for your help.

Shasta_man,

You will need to adapt your strobe to the Ikelite video handles by purchasing the items below.

MSC has a 1/2" to 3/4" adapter that will attach your Sola light to our 3/4" Flex Arm system. The adapter can be found on this page: The Original Modular Hose System | Loc-Line - Three Quarter Inch.

You then need to contact an Ikelite dealer Dealers to order (2) 9573.1 ball mounts and (4) 9350.44 Flex Arm extensions: Strobe Arm Systems.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Thank you very much for your detailed assistance. I will check for the parts you specified. I'll feedback that for "your" website, it would be helpful to see closer views of how things actually attach to the housing. I'm just referring to a few shots of major parts not every little piece. The pics that I see in there are wider shots to show the whole arm and light for example. It's a little hard to tell exactly how things attach to the housing from that overall view. Once you have a little experience about how these "arm systems" work, it's easier to understand how they fit together, but it would be easier for newbies to housings... :)

Most places have something like a "metal supermarket". I bought a length of sainless bar (about 3/16" thick), bent it in a vice and drilled it for the tray bolts. Loc-line parts are found at any industrial equipment supplier - they are used for air or liquid coolant on many industrial machines (drills, milling machines, etc.). I think I paid under $20 total for mine.

T640_UW housing SS handle and SOLA 1200 4.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom