caverns in cave country...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SWAMPY459

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I have a question about cavern certification and the sites it will open up for a diver...

Once one receives a cavern certification, what are some good cavern dives that open up to the diver that were previously off limits as an open water diver?

I'm mainly asking about North Florida sites, but I'm not above driving a few hours.

I know about all the open water friendly caverns (ballroom, devils den, blue grotto)

I'm really asking about the "cavern only" sites

Jackson Blue was my favorite "cavern only" cavern, but then I never made it out to Jug Hole. The pictures of that one are beautiful, something I really want to see someday.

Morrison is pretty cool

P1-- really cool

---------- Post added April 25th, 2013 at 05:08 PM ----------

And BTW. It's good to hear you're getting the proper training. Keep on the right path with this, treat the environment and your fellow divers with respect, and I'm sure you'll be glad for the path you've taken.

---------- Post added April 25th, 2013 at 05:08 PM ----------

And BTW. It's good to hear you're getting the proper training. Keep on the right path with this, treat the environment and your fellow divers with respect, and I'm sure you'll be glad for the path you've taken.

Thanks, I'll probably never take cave, I don't really see the deep cave environment as appealing. Animals and plants are my main interest, and caves are seriously lacking on both. The santa fe river is probably a more interesting dive than a deep cave dive for me.

Cavern will probably have a few useful skills for other types of diving too.

So I have a question about cavern certification and the sites it will open up for a diver...

Once one receives a cavern certification, what are some good cavern dives that open up to the diver that were previously off limits as an open water diver?

I'm mainly asking about North Florida sites, but I'm not above driving a few hours.

I know about all the open water friendly caverns (ballroom, devils den, blue grotto)

I'm really asking about the "cavern only" sites

Peacock I -- However taking the cavern class from a competent cavern instructor will make your open water diving more enjoyable. You will learn better buoyancy control and how to trim yourself out while diving.

If taught correctly the cavern course will greatly improve your all around diving skills.

Peacock I -- However taking the cavern class from a competent cavern instructor will make your open water diving more enjoyable. You will learn better buoyancy control and how to trim yourself out while diving.

If taught correctly the cavern course will greatly improve your all around diving skills.

Jim has certainly forgot more about cavern diving than I know but I'll add this, in addition to learning better trim and buoyancy, cavern instruction will make you a better OW diver from a mental preparation standpoint. Get cavern, enjoy P1 back to the peanut side sign.

Madison Blue is open to Cavern

Hey there SWAMPY I love Orange Grove Cavern but do something for me would you?
Do not limit yourself to Cavern only.
Give it a chance Intro / Basic is very limited and you get to use the skills you learn in Cavern.
Besides it is a awesome 4 days of fun introduced to the Springs.
Have fun now and enjoy.

CamG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom