Opportunity to go to Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jandee

Contributor
Reaction score
Waterford,Wi, about 25 miles from the Milwaukee Ha
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have the opportunity to go to Cuba for a dive trip for educational purposes. The trip will be 100% permitted by the US and legal. I've recently heard from 1 person that the coral was terrible in Cuba and not worth the money to go on this trip. Also heard the air, equipment, boats, etc were all unreliable. Has anyone ever been there and what are your experiences?

Last year, one of my course instructors had just returned from Cuba.

He stated that the tanks left a lot to be desired...in fact he went into the shop and took a look at them all and choose the best two he could find.

I do not remember what he mentioned about the diving.

I don't know too much about it, but I think it depends strongly on where in Cuba you are diving. I have read threads about the Varadero area reefs being somewhat depleted, but then there are places like Jardines de La Reina that are totally unspoiled. Google Jardines de La Reina and have a look.

Reactions: Doc
It really depends where you go. Do you have a destination in mind?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom