Oceanic swiv pressure gauge flooded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve A

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
on my recent trip to sharm my pressure gauge on my oceanic swiv navcon triple gauges decided to fill up with water? I couldn't see any bubbles coming from anywhere and can't see any damage to the console. I hung the regs up back at base and when I checked them later they had drained? As they were reading correctly i tried them again and this time they filled to about half way? On my return to the u.k. I took them to my local dealer who had recently serviced the regs for him to inspect. He could find no damage and could not find where the water was getting in. He tested them and said they are reading fine and couldn't get them to leak? I went on ebay a couple of days ago and and saw the same set of regs as mine with the same gauges and surprisingly they had the same problem with the pressure gauge taking on water although there was no obvious damage? I have replaced the gauges with new ones of the same and upgraded my primary at the same time all Oceanic. Will it happen again time will tell but just wondered if there was a known problem with these gauges and have I wasted my cash?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom