Travel BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BillDark

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking for any info or reviews on travel BCD's.I,m currently looking at a few options on a new travel BCD.First one is the Cressis Travel Lite, second is the Zeagle Covert.Can't seem to find any reviews on the Zeagle.I have also looked at the Aqualung Zuma but I wasnt too impressed with its quality.To me it just didn't seem to look durable.

Anyone have any experience with any of the above??

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

I just used the Scubapro GO travel B.C. in Turks & Caicos.

I really liked it. Very comfortable & light weight.

I'm not familiar with the Zeagle Covert. I use the Zeagle Express Tech for travel. It's like a backplate/wing-style BC, but the backplate is semi-flexible plastic. The thing literally rolls up in my suitcase (or backpack).

IMG_2374.jpgIMG_2373.jpgIMG_2372.jpgbc_bc4100_2__1.jpg

I got a 25lb Dive Right Travel EXP wing and paired it with a commercial diving harness to reduce the weight even further for travel. It is light weight, compresses easily and is small enough to fit in a standard suit case with lots of room to spear. The harness is also flexible, lighter then a back plate, the harness construction is superior and the webbing is softer.

I use the Halcyon travel pro. Very happy with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Zeagle Wicked Lite is light and packs very small. I have not seen any reviews but the owner of the LDS I use was impressed when he saw one.

I love my Zeagle Stiletto. I like having pockets and integrated weights. The Stiletto packs nicely and has the features I like for diving. I started with a scubapro super glide plus jacket but it was a beast to travel with. I looked at BP/W but as I said. I prefer built in pockets and weight integration. I suggest some diving with your top 2 or 3 choices before making a decision. That si one reason I support my local dive shop. I don't suffer any guilt trying out things in the pool because they know I will buy from them.

Looking for any info or reviews on travel BCD's.I,m currently looking at a few options on a new travel BCD....second is the Zeagle Covert.Can't seem to find any reviews on the Zeagle.
I'm not sure you will yet, it's pretty much brand new. It doesn't even appear on their website yet. Check LeisurePro.com in a few weeks - sometimes buyers review stuff there. http://www.leisurepro.com/1/2/33635-zeagle-covert-bcd-large.html

ScubaPro Lighthawk might be one to consider also. SCUBAPRO - LITEHAWK - they're about $360 retail.

Back
Top Bottom