North wall Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BUDMANOK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just finished a week of diving diving the the north north wall on CD and much preferred it to the west. Took a drive out to the east end of the island and it looked very interesting. How do the east end sites compare to the north wall?

---------- Post added May 26th, 2013 at 07:32 AM ----------

Wow I hate typing on a tablet that should have been GC not CD

North Wall is a great dive, very sheer, and in season flocks (heards/schools idon't know) of eagle rays along the wall edge. However, my favourite wall sites are down on the south east corner. Just as dramatic as the north but with better coral life. Check out Jack Mckenny's or Maze as deep dives. Two dive shops down on that end: Ocean Frontiers and Tortuga Divers

Just finished a week of diving diving the the north north wall on CD and much preferred it to the west. Took a drive out to the east end of the island and it looked very interesting. How do the east end sites compare to the north wall?

---------- Post added May 26th, 2013 at 07:32 AM ----------

East End is where I stay. It is less crowded and does not have the pressure the West End has. There are 2 good dive ops working that area, one at the condos and the other near the Lighthouse midway. The wall is within swimming distance at the Lighthouse, but the prevailing winds almost always make it a boat dive. The East end can be protected diving, wall is close and short rides. The problem with the West is traffic, sewage and "polished coral. If you can get north of "Hell" that end will be fine, some little current usually.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom