Looking for a dive buddie(s)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmdiverdown

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

My wife and I recently relocated to So Cal (Costa Mesa) from Maine. We are self sufficient divers but are looking for someone to help us get the lay of the land. We could do it ourselves but realize it saves us a bunch of time on the learning curve of parking, amenities, and the usually things you have to pan out on the first few dives in an new area, as well as to make some new associations with the dive community in this area.

Thanks

There is a dive club called Laguna Sea Dwellers that covers Costa Mesa area. They even have a subforum in the SoCal forum.

I don't do shore diving any more, but if you and your wife were to want to do boat dives, maybe I can play the local yokel for you.

We would definitely be up for a boat dive we are looking into some now. Thanks for the point in a direction. Oh and we only shore dive as it is the only way we can dive often we love wreck diving did some in NC a year or so ago lots of fun.

thanks again

There is a dive club called Laguna Sea Dwellers that covers Costa Mesa area. They even have a subforum in the SoCal forum.

I don't do shore diving any more, but if you and your wife were to want to do boat dives, maybe I can play the local yokel for you.

I agree with finfalman. A dive club would probably be the easiest way to go. There's the aforementioned Laguna Sea Dwellers, South Orange County Dive Club, South Coast Divers, and a meetup group called Slippery When Wet. I dove with South Coast Divers a week ago. Very friendly bunch and they invite newcomers with open arms. They meet every Saturday at the Laguna Hills Mall and then caravan to the dive site. As the diving is that direction anyway, meeting up is pretty easy.

I know Pacific Wilderness does a lot of shore diving as well. They usually have a shore dive going out each weekend at either Laguna or Redondo/Palos Verdes. Look for their Facebook page to see where/when they're going. It's open to anyone.

I prefer shore diving for its cheaper cost as well. I don't feel comfortable enough to lead you on dives, otherwise I'd go with ya. I may see you in one of the groups though!

Thanks,

I agree with finfalman. A dive club would probably be the easiest way to go. There's the aforementioned Laguna Sea Dwellers, South Orange County Dive Club, South Coast Divers, and a meetup group called Slippery When Wet. I dove with South Coast Divers a week ago. Very friendly bunch and they invite newcomers with open arms. They meet every Saturday at the Laguna Hills Mall and then caravan to the dive site. As the diving is that direction anyway, meeting up is pretty easy.

I know Pacific Wilderness does a lot of shore diving as well. They usually have a shore dive going out each weekend at either Laguna or Redondo/Palos Verdes. Look for their Facebook page to see where/when they're going. It's open to anyone.

I prefer shore diving for its cheaper cost as well. I don't feel comfortable enough to lead you on dives, otherwise I'd go with ya. I may see you in one of the groups though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom