canon 400d

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DazzaNZ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
hey im after a housing for a canon 400d eos
are there any still around? and what price would I be looking at?

I might be able to get my hands on a second hand one but I think that circuit board at the bottom of the housing for the ttl isn't working properly (think a partial flood occurred) is this difficult to replace?

---------- Post added June 11th, 2013 at 06:49 PM ----------

and where did u find the used cases? ive done a bit of a search and ive only found old sales which have finished

Ikelite service is top flight. Get the housing and send it to them for service and you will get back a like new housing.

I might be able to get my hands on a second hand one but I think that circuit board at the bottom of the housing for the ttl isn't working properly (think a partial flood occurred) is this difficult to replace?

---------- Post added June 11th, 2013 at 06:49 PM ----------

and where did u find the used cases? ive done a bit of a search and ive only found old sales which have finished

Keep checking the internet periodically until a good used housing shows up, then send it to the Ikelite Service Dept. to get checked out. Should you decide to get a newer camera, we offer many housings for the top camera manufacturers: IKELITE Underwater Systems

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

whats the standard price for a service on the 400d housing? and I saw on the ikelite site that theres an upgrade for older housing prior to 2009 for the port locks. it says they just replace the front cover, if its a discontinued product can they still do this? just looks like a good idea if im to get an old housing, would be worth the $150 just to get a new one

whats the standard price for a service on the 400d housing? and I saw on the ikelite site that theres an upgrade for older housing prior to 2009 for the port locks. it says they just replace the front cover, if its a discontinued product can they still do this? just looks like a good idea if im to get an old housing, would be worth the $150 just to get a new one

DazzNZ,

The service mentioned is available for that housing. The standard service on the housing is $125.00, and the four port lock update with full service is $200.00.

Please send the housing along with a brief letter of explanation or this thread, and full contact information to:

Ikelite Underwater Systems
Attn. Service Dept.
50 W. 33rd St.
Indianapolis, IN 46208

Please include your name, complete return address, email, phone number, and your stated problem or service request. Normal service completion time is 2-3 weeks.

Brett Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Back
Top Bottom