SLO Dive Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MbWaterdog

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all, I am moving to SLO next week for the rest of the summer and I am in need of a buddy. My home turf is Monterey and I am comfortable with difficult entries/exits, limited vis, and scaling cliffs. It seems that this is the type of most diving around the area. I would like to find a buddy to dive with on the weekends and maby certain days during the week.

Welcome to SLO town in CenCal.

There is an active spear fishing group that posts on "Spear board" that you may want to contact for dive conditions and or dive buddies.

There are three dive shops in the area. The "NAUI" Shop is Depth Perceptions owned and operated by Chuck Rawlinson. The shop is located at 12322 Los Osos Valley Road SLO - 805 595 3631 ` www.depthperceptions.net. This shop is also the HQ for the SLO County UW S&R team who also sponsor the annual S&R dive conference, therefore the quality and activity of the divers associated with this shop are somewhat above the norm

Son Dr. SAM IV is the only Scrips trained board certified hyperbaric doctor between Santa Barbara and Pacific Grove. He has a number of professional lectures to doctors and first responders scheduled for this summer. You are welcome to attend with no obligation or cost- He is also a NAUI & PADI Instructor and a long term SSI Pro 5000 ( over 5000 dives)

Wife Dr. Betty is President of Allan Hancock College in Santa Maria. They are in the process of developing a program for first responders -firemen & policemen in conjunction with their college sponsored academies and Kirby Morgan systems which is located in SM. On occasion my son lectures to their classes. Once again you are welcome as a visitor. (if at KM and you just happen to have a FMS & wet suit with you might have the opportunity to make a jump into the training tank with KM surface supplied equipment..)

And if your get bored drop by and we can "talk" diving: spear fishing, lobster diving, vintage diving shell collecting... who know where the conversation will lead us

Welcome and good luck
SDM
Underwater Instructor
LACO 11 UICC
NAUI #27
PADI #241
etc..etc
Pro 5000 (only one of the three father/son Pro 5000 in the world)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom